534 Algebra II
What your student will be able to do after a successful year
The Complex Number System
- Perform arithmetic operations with complex numbers.
- Use complex numbers in polynomial identities and equations.
Seeing Structure in Expressions
- Interpret the structure of expressions
- Write equations in equivalent forms to solve problems.
Arithmetic with Polynomial and Rational Expressions
- Perform arithmetic operations on polynomials
- Understand the relationship between zeros and factors of polynomials.
- Use polynomial identities to solve problems
- Rewrite rational expressions
Reasoning with Equations and Inequalities
- Understand solving equations as a Process of reasoning and explain the reasoning.
- Represent and solve equations and inequalities graphically
- Creating equations that describe numbers or relationships
- Interpret functions that arise in applications in terms of the context.
- Analyze functions using different representations
- Build a function that models a relationship between two quantities
- Build new functions from existing functions
Linear, Quadratic, and Exponential Models
- Construct and compare linear, quadratic, and exponential models and solve problems
- Interpret expressions for functions in terms of the situation they model.
- Extend the domain of trigonometric functions using the unit circle.
- Extend the domains of trigonometric functions using the unit circle.
- Model periodic phenomena with trigonometric functions.
- Prove and apply trigonometric identities.
Statistics and Probability
- Use and evaluate random processes underlying statistical experiments.
- Make inferences and justify conclusions from sample surveys, experiments, and observational studies.
- Use probability to evaluate outcomes of decisions.
- Summarize, represent and interpret data on a single count or measurement variable.
Vector and Matrix Quantities
- Perform operations on matrices and use matrices in application.