7th Grade Honors Mathematics
What your student will be able to do after a successful year
The Number System
- Know that there are numbers that are not rational, and approximate them by rational numbers.
- Work with radicals and integer exponents.
Expressions and Equations
- Understand the connections between proportional relationships, lines, and linear equations.
- Analyze and solve linear equations and pairs of simultaneous linear equations.
- Define, evaluate, and compare functions.
- Use functions to model relationships between quantities.
- Understand congruence and similarity using physical models, transparencies, or geometry software.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving volume of cylinders, cones, and spheres.
Statistics and Probability
- Investigate patterns of association in bivariate data.