When students are being transported to and from school on school buses, MTD, or any other authorized mode of transportation, they are considered to be on school property. The rules of this Student Code of Conduct will prevail.
Violation of school rules on the bus may subject students to additional disciplinary action.
School Bus Rules
- Students are to obey the driver and bus monitor of the bus.
- Students shall enter and exit the bus in an orderly manner.
- Students are to go directly to a seat when boarding the bus.
- Students riding yellow buses are to stay seated in one seat for the duration of the route.
- Students riding an MTD bus must be seated in one seat while the bus is on route. If a seat is not available on the MTD bus, students are to stand while grasping a fixed pole at all times. Standing students are to be seated when a seat becomes available.
- Students should respect the rights of other MTD riders
- Students are to sit face forward and keep their feet and belongings from obstructing the aisles.
- Students are to remain orderly and quiet throughout the ride.
- State law requires students to be silent when the bus is near railroad tracks.
- Pets and animals are not permitted on the bus.
- Smoking, eating, and drinking, other than water, are not permitted on the bus.
- Students are not to lower the windows below the safety line.
- Trash is not to be left on the bus.
- Students are to keep hands, feet, and everything else inside the bus.
- Acceptable electronic devices are allowed on the bus provided they do not interfere with the safe operation of the bus. Headphones may be utilized.